Learn More About Campaign for Main
In July 2019, the Durham Library Foundation presented Durham County with a gift of $800,000 to complete the library of our future. Contributions over time and prudent investments allowed the County to purchase powered furniture, auditorium retractable seating, adult lounges and children’s area furniture, outdoor seating, and auditorium banquet tables and stacking chairs.
Durham Library Foundation continues its support for Main Branch transformation with a major gift initiative that currently holds $500,000 in received and pledged contributions. Donors interested in major gift and naming acknowledgements should contact the Foundation office at 919-864-8047.
THE DURHAM LIBRARY FOUNDATION GRATEFULLY ACKNOWLEDGES THESE MAJOR GIFT DONORS TO THE CAMPAIGN FOR MAIN:
- $125,000 - Jenny L.S. Koortbojian Trust
- $100,000 - E. T. Rollins, Jr. and Frances P. Rollins Foundation
- $75,000 - SunTrust Foundation (for Small Business Entrepreneurship Programs)
- $50,000 - Mary Duke Biddle Foundation
- $50,000 - Ann & Bill Kirkland
- $25,000 - Sylvianne Roberge
- $25,000 - Ann & Rhodes Craver
- $10,000 - Victor Vines
- $10,000 - Anonymous Pledge
- $28,500 - Individual and small business donations – ($1,000 - $5,000)